Sunday 3 April 2011

My essentials

When Miss Sophie did a post about the 10 classics in her wardrobe I was totally motivated to do the same. With no further a do this is my list.
1.The one and only slim pair of trousers

2.My knit sweater. It's organic cotton and I have it for years but it bacame an essential a few weeks ago.
3.My linen dress in a color that makes my heart jump with pleasure





4.My jewellery ,my watches and the nail polish I love





5. My cosmetics, Avon and Nivea ,basic affordable brands that give me happy moments every day





6. My leather bag that I can't go without. It's the most expencive item I own and I was given so many compliments about this bag. I absolutely love it!

7. The whole of winter I wore my riding boots but now the weather is better and I can go without socks so I choose between my ballet flats (leather and hand made by a local craftman but so much in need of replacement) and my zara loafers .

 

8.My stripped tshirt . Functional but in need of replacement,soon.When the right one comes along.





9.2 basic skirts.The black one I only wear with black tights and my riding boots. The denim one I have for 3 years and the color fades in a way that the skirt becomes even nicer.

10. My collection of shirts that I wear almost every day.I'm new to the shirt world but I have become a true fan. I have a denim one , a white one , a light blue one which belongs to my husband but it's mine now.

Well , that was about it. I plan to replace,refine or add to this collection whenever it's needed. I love my collection and I would be glad to see your essentials.

16 comments:

  1. This is a cool post. I don't know if I can come up with my 10 essentials off the bat... Hmm. Now you got me thinking. ;) Love that the skirt has faded in time and that has made it prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so interesting to see what different pronounce as their essentials. I love the idea of using the same nail polish color...my grandmother always wears white nail polish. It looks horrible on me, but it just suits her! I'm a huge fan of Nivea!! It makes your skin so soft. Thanks for sharing your essentials with us! Makes me think about what I'd pick out for mine. ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your leather bag and striped shirt. Good luck finding a good replacement for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These posts are so interesting, I love to see what people consider their essentials. I love the Zara loafers, I tried them on when I found them on sale but I thought they were so uncomfortable and they just didn't fit my feet at all, I was so disappointed.
    There striped t-shirt is really cute, it is nice to see red stripes instead f blue for once:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is interesting to me. A year ago I would have said that my black trousers and my jeans were the most essential part of my wardrobe, but that is changing and it will be curious to me what I narrow all my experimenting down to by next year. I was surprised at how little jewelry you included.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hurricanetcerrie):why don't you give it a try?See what you will choose?

    from suns to moons): Thanks ,sometimes it takes time to find a good tshirt sometimes it just comes along!

    elegant bohemian): I'd love to see yours

    Meri):One good thing about zara is we know what we are talking about internationally!!

    I'm also curious to see what you come up with after your experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice picks! I have loved reading these blogs, it is such a good idea of Sophie's. Everyone's is just a little bit different. Those tan boots, by the way, are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This definitely makes me think. I don't know which ten items I would select as my "classics." I may need to go home and see. I know two would be my purse and my riding boots, but I have no idea what else I'd choose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think these are all great classics! This is fun. I think I might try this too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elaine:)Please do,I would be intrested to know cause you have really cool stuff!
    Gracey ):It will be the clothes you fall back to rain or shine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for sharing, i always enjoy looking into people's closets. I love the way denim fades too; like good leather denim ages beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing items and gorgeous blog!
    Following! Follow back? <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a really good idea, working out your essentials. Love your leather bag and linen dress

    ReplyDelete
  14. All classic, well made pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ack, i just saw that you did your 10 classics post! this is so great - i love all your pieces, especially your slim jeans and jewelry. i see we have a mutual love of pearls and red nail polish! :D

    ReplyDelete