Saturday 4 February 2012

Back cardi

Spy Gir 52 Pick me upIf life throws you lemons , make lemonade. I've always loved this saying and the last few months I have no choice but apply it to my life. While hoping for things to get any better I make use of my creativity and the stock of clothes and material I gathered over the years and I try to make new things from this stuff. Buying new is out of the question for a few months ahead. This is what I came up with today.

cardi worn backwards zara-denim peacock-shoes reebok
It dawned on me to wear my cardi backwards as i've seen it in magazines before...and it worked. So I got myself a couple new sweaters in bright or neutral colors that if I layer nobody will know they are actually my cardigans. So, more looks no money spent.


I also offered myself a new bangle that is I wrapped some lace around an old bangle and called it a day. Have a nice weekend everyone!There is abundance evrywhere it just takes a bit of adjusting to see it.
Isn't it great  that 2 years later I would join  the woderful blog of Anne for the 52 Spy Girl pick me up /back to front. Join in ,too.


14 comments:

  1. What a great idea and a novel look! Gives you so many more options, no? Hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! I think I may try to change a bangle using your idea. You look great in the cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently tried this cardi backwards trick with far less success. (won't publish the photo on my blog). Your version is sexy--I love the "v" in the back and your lace bracelet turned out great. I'm really liking this new emphasis on creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! This cardi looks perfect in reverse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep thinking about wearing things backwards like this! I always enjoy modest necklines (even V-necks bother me a bit), so the switcheroo would do the trick. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an ingenious idea. Terri is right -- it's so interesting to watch how you are using creativity to expand your wardrobe options. (Love the color of that cardi!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and come post this cool look on Visible Monday, if you get a chance, Angie : >

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are quite clever, my dear! I definitely have to try this look...how neat! I have a cardigan that's the most gorgeous green and I've been wanting a shirt that shade...so now I will just turn it around. Thanks for the inspire.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angie--just wanted to let you know that you have been on my mind this week. I hope all is as well as possible for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the orange top!!!



    http://clothes-and-fairytales.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Angie!
    Great idea to wear it backwards! I've seen that in mags as well but never had the courage to try it. It's kinda sexy in my opinion. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cardigan worn backwards, what a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that is such an awesome idea!!

    Just came across your blog :) real nice :)

    Following you.. Do visit back and if you like follow back :)

    Love
    Sehar

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea! This was a nice post looking forward for another.

    ReplyDelete