Thursday 26 April 2012

Out-fit

polka dots , cardigan,belt , hat all  zara       skirt thrifted and altered     shoes boxer
This is the photo where my hat takes a walk on the wide side. I know what I'm talking about. I have this hat for quite sometime but upon seen my photo I realised that hats and accessories can have fitting issues , too.
The hat is lovely and stylish but it's big for my head so it has to go. The same holds true for some of my bangles , they slide down from my wrist and don't look good on me. They will have to go , too unless you know of a way I could fix the sliding.
The same goes with the chains and necklaces as they have to fit the actual body's proportions to look great. Many times I bought a necklace and I went home to adjust it a bit (make it longer or shorter) until it seemed right to my eye.
The list will get a bit longer as I don't want belts to go unmentioned. They have to fit  , too.Wear them too thin and they disappear ot too wide and they swallow everything in the outfit. The belts have to follow the proportions and on top of that be placed on the right spot of the waist. For some women that's higher than the natural waist line and for some others that's lower.
It's the attention to these details that makes or breaks an outfit ( it has the word fit in it for a reason , right?)
You got confused? That's ok as it's a sign you are heading to the right direction. Confusion over my outfits now makes me think what's wrong and  I  try to deconstruct my outfit in my mind and try to figure out which item doesn't fit and why.
I leave you with my favorite line . Style is not about new clothes , it's about seeing your clothes in a new way.

6 comments:

  1. Angie, I LOVE this! Of course pencil skirts are my favorite!! What a great line...."Style is not about new clothes , it's about seeing your clothes in a new way." Hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your belt and necklace! thank you so much for your incredibly sweet comment on my blog, I really appreciate it! you're so kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you thrifted and altered that skirt! I love doing that too. Especially since I'm pregnant and trying to make my current wardrobe work, while only doing a few splurges... thrift is key. Love the shoes too!

    T xx

    November Grey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the purple sweater with the blue skirt, in spite of the problems you describe with the accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this outfit is very striking, especially the purple sweater and the pencil skirt. Proportions can be tricky, it's true. But I like the belt size and placement, there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the purple sweater and the pencil skirt! I didn't notice the proportion issues -- I just found the whole outfit striking, at first glance. But proportions can be tricky, you are right.

    ReplyDelete