Thursday 17 May 2012

Ethnic scarf....and politics

white jeans thrifted &fitted   beige cotton sweater earth  scarf bianco  shoes converse.



This is my one look - two ways approach .The first look I wore later in the day in a more relaxed setting whereas the first look served me well during the day walking around the city.
The white beige combo is so basic that depending on the accessories/shoes I can get  as many styles as I want. This Azdec print on the scarf gives  an ethnic tone to my outfit and I happened to see similar scarves in the shops today (......just window shopping) so I can tell it's a trend. Ethnic details  can be worn by all ages and all ladies can look a bit exotic without crossing the line.
Is there an accessory you own that can be worn by you and your daughter  and still look appropriate and special for both of you? And since we are on questions territory which pair of shoes you think fits better with the look?
On the elections front there is a lot of terrorism and fear about what will happen on TV and in the hearts of the people  the coming down of the political system as we knew it the last 30 years .
I don't know which side is going to win , as the amount of scary things that are going to happen to Greece if the people vote left is growing and we still have 30 days to go. But there is also a creeping sense that we people might be going the right direction to have politicians  go crazy both in Greece and in the Eurozone.
The whole situation reminds me of young people that want to move out of the house but controlling parents terrorise them of how the cruel ugly world is going to tear them apart if they decide to go. And of course they will not be given a cent .

12 comments:

  1. I like the outfit with both pairs of shoes, though I have a weakness for chunky sandals so they are probably my favourite. Your colouring means that neutral tones like beige look great on you, though they wash me out. The scarf adds colour and drama, which I like very much! My eldest daughter likes hats and scarves like me, I guess she'll be borrowing my stuff soon enough! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog, and subscribe to it via Google Reader. I want to let you know that I'm praying for Greece. My family is there, and I'm terrified for all of you. I hope the elections next month bring about the changes needed to reach peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How come? Are they on holidays or live here?We hope that ,too.It's history in the making and feels pretty much like a thriller with a happy ending ,I hope.

      Delete
  3. I like your analogy to the parents and I think the entire world is holding their breath to see how the next election goes. My favorite of the two looks would be the one on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is my favorite outfit of yours! LOVE it and LOVE that scarf!!! Many prayers for a good election...Big hugs to you my friend! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit with the converse :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie, you really have me more interested in Greece than I was before I started reading your blog. I know it must be very unnerving to wonder about your future. I will add you to my morning prayers. I love your top and your scarf, but above all hang on to your strength...it is your best feature right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm deeply moved for adding me to your morning prayers.A big thanks and I promise I will keep strong.

      Delete
  7. I always, always, always love that scarf!!! I keep trying to find one myself, here New Mexico- I'll have to keep looking!! And, my personal preference, is the left picture, with the dressier shoe- but that's just my preference!! I think of you and your family often, and hope your country's situation improves soon, and in every way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marcy for your caring thoughts.The people of a country always make it in the end.

      Delete
  8. I love this outfit - the scarf is beautiful.

    Thinking of you, and Greece x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice colors! I like the sandals better than the sneakers.

    I read another house analogy about the Greeks: it's like someone is standing in the living room with a gun at their head threatening to shoot themselves if the homeowner doesn't pay them off.

    The homeowner, in this case the Germans, have to decide whether they'd be better off to pay (loan forgiveness), or to clean up the mess (Euro-zone breakup) after the person shoots themselves.

    If Greece exits then the Italians and the Spanish will become the bad children, and the Germans can't afford for them to go bad, so I think there's a good chance the Greeks will get better terms.

    ReplyDelete