Sunday 24 March 2013

Childhood memories

Experimenting with style brings fresh air to my everyday life and play dress up wakes up fond memories of my childhood. I grew up in a house where women's clothes cataloques were all around and love of fabrics was a frequent talk. Both my mum and aunt knew how to sew and I was fascinated of it all. It took sometime though to realize how drawn I am to clothes and how much these women influenced the way I dress and shop.


Shirt(thrifted) Top sewn by auntie Skirt sewn by me Bag (thrifted0 Bangles thrifted/refashioned Belt Berska Shoes Stefania



This post is a tribute to mum and Auntie who deeply influenced my style.
In what ways your family influenced your style? In which ways your childhood memories shape the way you dress? 

P.S Now that I'm sorting out the roots of my style i'm all the more ready to follow my true style and I'm becoming all the more visible by each new outfit.
and what better place to showcase my doings than Pattie's Visible Monday ? 
post signaturePhotos by Dimitris

12 comments:

  1. I love that you have changed up your equestrian style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit !
    My teens influence me a bit still , use tomten be a punk ! back in the days .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look, the gentle pattern-mixing, and all the history!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, Angie!
    Your pattern mixing is just amazing! I've always love clothes and fashion. I remember dressing my barbie for hours in different outfits as a child. I can't really sew but would love to learn...imagine how much money I'd save by doing the alteration myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother had a flair for combining colors and really instilled a love of fashion by indulging my whims as a child.. like my blue suede shoes (cause I loved Elvis's song) and my red patent leather mary janes despite the fact that they turned all my white lace socks pink...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pattern mixing and colors. And the shoes are a perfect complement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT LOOK, and fantastic image of your arms with the bangles picking oranges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a very attractive combination. I wouldn't have thought about the skirt with the blouse but it looks great. I think you new haircut is looking better every time I see it, you must be getting the hang of how to style it.

    I wish that I had more time to sew. It gives you an opportunity to make things just the way you want them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! You are my kindred-creative spirit!! I love your pattern combinations and your thrifting/upcycling style. Like Bella, I LOVE the photo of you picking the orange. I also admired the crocheted vest in the previous post. I've just learned how to knit, but I haven't had much time. I'm excited about seeing what else you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look absolutely lovely there in the sunshine. that skirt is fabulous and I'm in lust with your bangles. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your creative mixture of patterns and colours is wonderful and an inspiration for me. Some of my clothes also remind me to my childhood, my mother and grandmother also sewed my dresses. Unfortunately I'm not so talented.
    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very, very skillful pattern mixing, young lady. So cheerful with out being saccharine!

    ReplyDelete