Monday 2 December 2013

Hand made bliss


 Hello everyone! This blog is giving me a hard time. I don't seem to make up my mind as to what direction I want it to move. I'm not clear as to what I want to document about my interests and in which form. But enough about my lack of direction! Today I posted because I make a focused attempt to wear something crochetted (by me) or knitted (by others) as much as possible, preferably everyday.


I still believe that people find ready made garments as a sign(among others)of wealth so in a black and white scale of things, people also believe hand made items are signs of not having enough money.
I can't say it's totally untrue because in crisis suffering Greece, crochet and knitting are a huge comeback! Anyway, here I'm sporting my new crochet bag. It took me 3days to finish and I used left over yarn from previous projects. I even put fabric inside to make it stronger and retain its shape.
I can't wait to hear what you think of it. Actually, I have already made another one but it needs a bit of finishing touches.


I've been also busy decorating my living room to give it a bit of a vintage feeling. i made the pillows and I added my fillet crochet doilly along with the stuffed animals I borrowed from my daughter.


I even photoshopped myself for a bit of creative touch. All in all I'm very pleased because I can channel my creativity through crochet and all things hand made and I count it as a blessing that hard times made me all the more conscious of how much money I used to throw in the wind for quick satisfaction.
Have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment