Friday 27 December 2013

Living room thoughts

post signatureToday, I felt the need to take some photos of my living rooom. To see what it loooks like posted on the web. Does it look as mismatched as I think it looks? Does it look as not much money spend there as is the case? Can people spot the needle work on the curtains dating back in the 70s which they won't because I didn't think of photographing seperately. Can you tell the covers on the sofas are a blanket and a green bedsheet?

 And is it obvious that me and my husband made all the furniture you see except for the chairs and the sofas ? And for last, can you tell how much I love my living room because of this rather untidy, fully comfortable, humble family feeling it gives?
It's a living room far from the perfection I see on the magazines but  that's the kind of space that I don't feel pressured. I've come to terms that I'm no great decorator and I won't spend much money on my living room but I promise to make 2 huge crochet covers and a few pillows for my sofas and see where I will go from there. How do you feel about your living room?
                                                                HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

5 comments:

  1. It looks wonderfully comfy and nice! Sort of like my living room but many miles away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks lovely, very comfortable and how lucky are you to have a husband that can make furniture.
    hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not obvious to me that your husband made the furniture. It looks good to me. Most of my bookshelves are from Ikea and they're all leaning over about ready to collapse! Yours look straight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Updating the current design on our living room might be necessary to keep it looking fresh and inviting. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Angie! Your living room looks very comfy. Go for matching blankets and it will look great :)
    Greetings from Athens, Greece

    btw love your style!
    Eirini

    ReplyDelete