Tuesday 6 May 2014

I can do series- Expensive

Continuing with my I can do series I will just say this.
Oh! how I marvel the joys of cheap (opposite to expensive) dressing. If I had to choose something expensive from big brands or spend the same amount of money on thrifting mismatched clothes I would do the second, no second thoughts not even for a second!
 Not only because that would get me more stuff to stuff my closet but because that would get me unique stuff.
 Sometimes it crosses my mind that I have this syndrome that I don't deserve expensive. That's when I drink a lot of wine and take anti depressants. Do I need to say I'm jocking? Well, that's when I think that a lot of the cheap stuff I buy were once expensive.
 I only happen to have more patience and know how and where to shop than the average. Besides, I doubt those who decide that I should pay 80euro for a tshirt when they pay a few dollars a month poor workers God knows where to make it!
 Plus I call my shopping treasure hunt and my findings treasures. I surely can do expensive! Can you? 
Outfit details * skirt self sewn *dotted shirt 1euro (you can't get more discount than this) pale blue sweater thrifted for 1 euro* accessories zara & berska 
post signature

13 comments:

  1. Your dotted blouse, the necklace and the bag are so cute, Angie! I enjoy both - thrift shopping and my favorite shops/boutiques shopping, but I do buy stuff on sale (or using a cupon, points etc). Loooove the feeling of treasure hunting at thrift shops, antique malls and so on. But I have to say that I get the same treasure hunting satisfaction at discount stores like TJ MAXX or Nordstrom Rack, and when you get a pair of brand new shoes for $8 vs originally priced $80... I am in heaven! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Υou are right about the discount stores but I don't have them in my hometown so they don't count for me. About hunting... it seems men are not the only hunters. We've been fulled all along!

      Delete
  2. yes and amen!
    although i love some aspects of "high fashion" - even i had the money i would´t spend it on expensive clothes.... o.k. maybe one or two special pieces of art :-)
    but never ever i will spend money for this middle priced trash of branded fashion you can find in a average mall.
    second hand and home sewing rules!
    like your outfit - could be me on the way to town......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stepping by. We could recognise each other on the street then!

      Delete
    2. my dear!
      thank you very much for your lovely comment on my jewelry post!
      the eyeliner is not a secret - just try and error and practice, practice, practice......and i found out by doing makeup on other women that every eye is different and needs its own tricks and product..
      creta is on our "travel around the world"list - mountains, beaches and lots of culture is right up our alley :-)

      Delete
  3. Today's outfit is really cute, Angie and you look like you are really enjoying yourself. I am like you and like Natalia. I love the treasure hunt and I shop at both thrift/second hand stores and discount stores. I think it is ridiculous to pay more than $10 for a tee shirt no matter whose name is attached to it. I like the quantity I can get from a wardrobe of second hand clothes and while I don't usually find designer or high end things I can still find things that are well made no matter the label on them and the price is low. What I am more likely to buy new and spend more money on are shoes. Comfort counts for a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a treasure hunt too, and my closet is a mix of thrifted pieces and some new from the shops. I think your style is great, and of course you *deserve* expensive things, but no need to over-pay for anything! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell that you are a woman who likes to shop and browse around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the talent for finding the best things, Angie, and I would do that too if I were you! But never doubt you deserve the best. What's best is different for everyone! You look great ... wonderful combinations, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blouse, necklace and sweater combo is perfection! and that bag is gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I just love your outfits! the baby blue jumper, striped shirt and necklace are so gorgeous - the treasure hunt is quite addictive and it's such a thrill to find a great piece for a few pounds x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Angie! Oh I do agree with you! Secondhand is the way to go - and it so often means you can have a high ticket item at a fraction of the cost. That's a lovely outfit, and I also agree that the sound of "I made it myself" is wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your add-ons are pretty smart www.dziupla.blog.pl

    ReplyDelete